I like talking with foreign people. I’m not afraid of making mistakes. I’m good at ………
1. Boşluğa aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilmelidir?
- Reading c) Writing
- Speaking d) Listening
I get stressed easily when there are unknown words in the text. I’m not really good at ………
2. Boşluğa aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilmelidir?
- learning grammar
- looking up dictionary
- guessing the meaning
- taking notes
3. Ali doesn’t like talking in front of the class. He gets stressed easily. So he is a bit nervous.
Altı çizili ifade yerine aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilirse anlam bozulmaz?
- many c) too
- enough d) a little
4. Aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi anlamca diğerlerinden farklıdır?
a) I don’t think we should focus on grammar.
b) Personally we don’t worry about grammar.
c) I think grammar is good to learn rules and not to make many mistakes.
d) I think grammar is not iportant to learn a language well.
5. Sue : Frank thinks we don’t have to speak a foreign language well, but we can use it when we need it .
Darren: In other words , ………
Boşluğa aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilmelidir ?
- He thinks speaking is the most important skill to improve your foreign language.
- He thinks learning a language means to speak it very well.
- He thinks it is enough to speak a foreign language when it is necessary.
- He thinks we should speak a lot to learn a language better.
6. Rose : As an adult, I think grammar is necessary.
Sally : I agree with you. …………..
Boş bırakılan yere aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilemez?
- Vocabulary is more important for me.
- It makes conversations easier.
- It is good to learn grammar rules.
- It helps us to develop our writing skills.
7. ve 8. soruları aşağıdaki maile göre cevaplayınız.
Moonlight 14 Join Date : Oct 2007
Junior Member Post : 134
Re : ………………………………………………………………… .
Dear Akira ,
If you’d like to improve vocabulary in English , you have to practise a lot . I’m afraid there is no magic spell. But there are a lot of effective approaches.
First, you should read short stories, comics, newspapers and magazines in English and you should watch movies in English. While you’re reading or listening, you should guess the meanings of the words from the context. Second, you shouldn’t miss any chance to listen, read,speak and write in English. So, you can practice every new word. Finally , keep a vocabulary notebook and write down a few words each day. Don’t forget to revise them later.
Personally, if you don’t use the new vocabulary, you lose it. I think 10 new words a day is okay.
7. What is the title of this mail ?
a) Different ways of learning a second language.
b) Difficulties of learning a foreign Language.
c) Problems of learning a second language.
d) The reasons of learning a second language.
8. Metne göre aşağıdakilerden hangisi söylenemez ?
a) We shouldn’t focus on meaning.
b) We should use multi-media materials
c) We should take notes when we learn new words.
d) We should do practice with the new vocabulary.
9. Sammy : I prefer to play games in order to improve my vocabulary.
Adriana : ………….. Playing games is not a good idea because you only focus on the game, not to learning.
Boşluğa Aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilemez?
- Absolutely right!
- I don’t think so !
- I disagree with you!
- I don’t think it is true!
10. Mary : For me , we should use multi-media materials to improve our English.
Jane : ………….. I think they are the best way to practise and develop your English.
Boş bırakılan yere uygun olan ifadenin bulunduğu seçeneği işaretleyiniz.
- That’s impossible! c) No way!
- I completely agree ! d) Oh my goodness!
11. Mary likes small group works. She doesn’t get stressed easily and she is always self-confident . She is not afraid of making mistakes.
Yukarıdaki verilen açıklamaya göre Mary hakkında aşağıdakilerden hangisi söylenemez ?
- She takes risks
- She is willing to communicate
- She is keen on learning
- She is bad at speaking
12. In this course , teachers listen to their students carefully and patiently.They use their experiences for our progress . Finally, they care about their students progress seriously.
Yukarıdaki açıklamaya uygun olan seçeneği işaretleyiniz.
- Language learning should be great fun in the classroom.
- Teachers give guidance and motivate students.
- Teachers are rude and nervous.
- Teachers are pleased with their students.
13. “Some people learn a foreign language on their own .” They ……. .
Boşluğa uygun olmayan seçeneği işaretleyiniz.
- write e-mails or chats on the internet
- go abroad in order to learn a language
- get help and guidance to learn a language
- use many multi-media materials
14. “ They learn a foreign language the way they learn their mother tongue. They focus on the meanings of the words and they don’t be worry about grammar.They make friends with foreigners.”
Yukarıdaki açıklamaya uygun olan seçeneği işaretleyiniz.
- They learn a foreign language naturally.
- They learn a foreign language in the same way.
- They learn a foreign languge in a class .
- They learn a foreign language difficultly.
15. “ Different people learn in different ways. There is no best way to learn a language. Each different way suits different people.”
Altı çizili ifade yerine aşağıdakilerden hangisi getirilebilir ?
- goes with c) improves
- concentrates on d) practises
16. Aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi yanlıştır ?
a) If you prefer to learn language naturally, you focus on meanings of the words
b) If you grow up in a foreign country, you learn the language naturally
c) I think language learning should be a great fun.
d) If you want to learn a language on your own, you don’t have to be self-disciplined .
17.Akira : For me, playing games is an easy way to improve your vocabulary.
Adriana : “ I don’t think playing games is a good idea to improve your vocabulary. Because you only focus on the game, not the learning.”
Yukarıda geçen konuşma hakkında verilen bilgilerden hangisi doğrudur?
- Adriana is sorry about playing games.
- Akira expresses her surprise about games.
- Adriana disagrees with Akira.
- Akira apologizes for something.
18. Akira agrees with Adriana about using multi-media .
Yukarıda verilen açıklamaya göre hangi ifade Akira’ya aittir?
- I don’t think so. We don’t have to speak very well.
- I disagree with you. We can’t learn a language without any help .
- Personally , we should learn rules to learn a language.
- I completely agree with you. We should read stories and magazines in English.
19. A: “ What should we do to improve our vocabulary?”
B: We should ……….. .
Konuşmada boş bırakılan yere aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilemez ?
- practise a lot
- use multi-media materials
- miss any chance to speak
- write down a few words each day
20. “ Personally , if you don’t use the new vocabulary ,you lose it.”
Yukarıda verilen ifade hakkında aşağıdakilerden hangisi söylenemez ?
- We should listen,speak,read and write a lot in English.
- We should keep a vocabulary notebook.
- We shouldn’t forget to revise new words.
- We shouldn’t practise every new word.
21. Adriana : We should read stories, comics, newspapers and magazines in English .
Akira : We should watch movies in English, too.
Yukarıdaki konuşmaya göre Adriana ve Akira hakkında aşağıdakilerden hangisi söylenebilir?
- They think we should speak a lot in English.
- They think we should monitor our speech.
- They think we should use multi-media materials.
- They think we should take risks and test our skills in English.
22 – 23- 24. Soruları aşağıdaki metne göre cevaplayınız.
15-Oct -2008 , 15:04
Catwalk Join Date : June 2007
Junior Member Post :135
Re : Problems of learning a language
……………………………………………………………………… I appreciate it very much!
I agree with you . We should read short stories, comics ,newspapers and magazines in English. I’m sorry but I don’t agree with you about games. For me, playing games is an easy way to improve your vocabulary. I don’t think we should recognize our learning process while we’re playing games. I think ………………… . I have to get back to work now.
22. İlk boşluğa aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilemez ?
a) Thanks for your suggestions!
b) Thanks for your opinions!
c) Thanks for your ideas!
d) Thanks for your apologize!
23. Parçada ikinci boşluğa aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilmelidir?
a) we should learn in a funny way
b) we should focus on rules
c) we should miss small details
d) we should memorise them
24. Parçada yer alan son boşluğa aşağıdaki ifadelerden hangisi getirilemez?
a) Best wishes c) Best regards
b) Bye for now d) My dear friend
25. “When , we learn a foreign language, we should have fun .”
Altı çizili ifade yerine uygun olmayan seçeneği işaretleyiniz.
a) We should learn a language in a funny way.
b) Learning should be great fun.
c) We should feel happy .
d) We should make people laugh.
26. “If you want to learn a foreign language well, you should _____________ your learning process well. ”
Cümlede boş bırakılan yere uygun olmayan ifadeyi işaretleyiniz.
- focus on c) concentrate on
- go with d) monitor